NIUE PUBLIC SERVICE VACANCIES
The Niue Public Service Commission invites expression of interest/applications for the following vacancies within the Niue Public Service.
More information including full details of job descriptions for each position can be obtained from the Secretariat Office of the Niue Public Service Commission. i.e. Terms and Conditions including qualifications and requirements for each role.
OFFICE FOR THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT
1. SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT
The purpose of the position is to;
- To be the permanent head of the Niue Public Service and Chief Administrative Officer for the Government of Niue;
- In addition to the other functions and powers conferred upon him by law, the Secretary to the Government shall be responsible to the Cabinet for the general direction of the work of all Departments and offices of the executive Government and primarily responsible for the work and outputs of the Office of External Affairs, development and implementation of all foreign or diplomatic related policy and provision of advice to the Premier and Cabinet on all foreign affairs and diplomatic related matters;
- To be the key focal point or lead negotiator for all foreign affairs matters, discussions and negotiations, with offshore donor partners and regional organisations;
- To accompany the Premier, Ministers or Members of Parliament to attend relevant offshore meetings when and as required;
- To attend and represent the Government of Niue at regional international meetings or forums;
- Oversee and implement the ongoing development, provision, regulation, and maintenance of services and support provided by the Niue Public Service as a result of any Development partner funded initiatives, programmes and services for the well-being of the Niuean community and individuals, commerce and industry, and for increasing the prosperity of the country;
- Actively lead the public service in the promotion, development and implementation of a culture of professionalism, and continuous improvement through the Niue Public Service, based on a commitment to achieving the vision of Niue ke Monuina.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Management, Political Science or related field;
- Significant experience in a range of senior management roles within the Public Service;
- Good understanding and knowledge of the Machinery of Government, with very well-developed skills in strategic and corporate planning, and annual, quarterly and monthly reporting;
- In-depth understanding of the Niue ke Monuina vision and the central contribution to be made to its achievement by a transformed Public Service;
- Demonstrated negotiation ability, project management skills and is result orientated;
- Sound grasp of strategic financial and funding issues, ideally with senior executive experience in one of more areas;
- Excellent relationship and people management attributes;
- Ability lead and contribute effectively in senior executive environments;
- Well-developed and proven analytical ability;
- First-rate written and oral communications skills in both Vagahau Niue and English
- Capacity to represent Niue’s National interests to senior decision-makers and interested parties locally and internationally
- Respect for equal employment opportunities, workplace diversity, individual rights and personal dignity
- High levels of personal commitment and energy
MINISTRY OF SOCIAL SERVICES
Department of Justice, Lands & Survey
2. SECRETARY TO JUSTICE
The purpose of this position is to:
- Direct and oversee the implementation of the Departmental annual work plan and ensure that decisions taken by the Public Service Commission and Cabinet relating to the establishment of the Ministry of Social Services, including any specified new or revised functions.
- Provide strategic advice on key social services matters to the Director General of Social Services, Minister of Social Services and the Secretary to Government.
- Evaluate departmental functions, structures, processes and resources and identify performance improvement and savings opportunities. Recommend appropriate changes and reporting procedure to assist in tracking benefit realisation.
- Identify opportunities for ongoing development or improvement of the services provided by the Department based on successful experience in other Commonwealth countries, as well as for partnership with private enterprise, and non-government organisation.
- Conduct of a fair and timely elections processes and transparent for both the General Assembly as well as the Village Councils every three years and for occasional By Elections.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS and PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in law or management, or related fields;
- Significant experience in a range of senior management roles within the Public Service.
- Good knowledge of the machinery of Government, with very well developed skills in strategic and corporate planning, and as annual, quarterly and monthly reporting.
- In-depth understanding of the Niue ke Monuina vision and the central contribution to be made to its achievement by a transformed Public Service.
- Demonstrated negotiation ability, project management skills and results orientation.
- Sound grasp of social services issues, policy and delivery, ideally with senior executive experience in one or more areas of community, national culture, education, health, justice and law and order.
- Excellent relationship and people management attributes, desirably with change management experience.
- Ability to lead and contribute effectively in senior executive environments.
- Well-developed analytical ability.
- First-rate written and oral communications skill in both Vagahau Niue and English.
- Personal credentials and capacity to represent Niue’s natural resource interests to senior decision-makers and interested parties locally and internationally.
- Respect for equal employment opportunities, workplace diversity, individual rights and personal dignity;
- High level of personal commitment and energy.
All applications must include a recent copy of your Curriculum Vitae with at least two references.
Applications must be signed and submitted by post mail or e-mail to be received no later than 3.00pm on Thursday 23rd November 2017. Late, incomplete and unsigned applications will not be accepted.
Applications are to be sent to the following address:
Public Service Commission
P.O Box 125, Niue Public Service Building,
Telephone: (683) 4210 or 4018 │Email: email@example.com